Tenleytown turned Tinseltown: Get in on the Tenleytown Winterfest 2015
If you’re searching for the best holiday events in DC, you want have to go far from Tenleytown! The Tenleytown Winterfest is full of holiday feasts, festive art shows, walking tours, and more.
Here’s what you can expect to enjoy this year at the 2015 Tenleytown Winterfest.
The Yeti is Back
That’s right. The Yeti Hunt started on November 27, and will continue until December 5 (two days from now). If you still want to participate, download the Yeti tracker and start exploring your neighborhood to find the white fuzzy monster today! On December 5, bring your tracker to the Janney Winter Market (between noon and 3:30 pm) to find the final yeti. And at the end of it all, participate in a Yeti Hunt Raffle with a chance to win a prize!
Oh, and one last important thing: if you do spot the Yeti, document it on Instagram with the hashtag #TenleyWinterFest and tag @Tenley_Winterfest.
Eat Up Discounts at Select Tenleytown Restaurants
Yeti hunting not your style? How about a WinterFeast at one of Tenleytown’s amazing restaurants? Take advantage of special discounts until December 5, including 15% off your meal at Cava Mezze Grill, 15% off your meal at Bread and Salt (right downstairs!), half-price bottles of wine at Masala Art, 20% off espresso drinks at Coffee Nature, and plenty more amazing discounts at Tenleytown restaurants. All you have to do is mention Winterfest — and try to find room for post-Thanksgiving feasting.
Explore the Janney Winter Market
You may already be planning on heading to the Janney Winter Market on December 5 to finish up the Yeti Hunt. This spot is well worth the visit. You’ll find 90 vendors selling all kinds of gift-worthy goodies. Whether you’re on the hunt for hand-painted textiles and crafts, a knitted scarf, specialty foods and treats, or anything else, you’re nearly guaranteed to find it here.
While you shop, enjoy tunes from local a capella groups, the Janney chorus and band, and see a live belly dancing performance and break dancing demonstration. It’s all happening at the Janney School (4130 Albemarle Street, NW) this Saturday, December 5.
Buy Your Christmas Tree in Tenleytown
Support your favorite neighborhood in DC by buying your Christmas tree (and more fun decor) from one of the following spots:
- Deal Middle School PTA, Dec 5 – 6, 10 am – 4 pm, 3815 Fort Drive NW. Trees, garlands, wreaths
- Janney Elementary School PTA, Dec 4 – 5, 10 am – 4 pm, 4130 Albemarle Street, NW. Trees, garlands, wreaths, centerpieces
- Boy Scout Troop 1946, Dec 4, 6 – 9 pm, Dec 5, 9 am – 9 pm, Dec 6th, 9 am – 3 pm, National Presbyterian Church (corner of Van Ness and Nebraska)
- Boy Scout Troop 100, Dec 5, 8 am – 4 pm (or sell out), Wisconsin Avenue Baptist Church (note new location), 3920 Alton Place, NW (on Tenley Circle), Frasier firs, Canaan firs, blue spruce table tops
- Boy Scout Troop 666, Dec 4 – 6, 9 am – 8 pm (10 am – 3 pm on Sunday), Metropolitan Methodist Church, 3401 Nebraska (at New Mexico Ave)
At the end of the day, there’s nowhere else we’d rather celebrate the holidays than in Tenleytown, DC. Where else are will you have the opportunity to go scavenger hunting for mythical creatures with your neighbors?
If you’re interested in moving into a brand new luxury apartment in a great DC neighborhood, get in touch with us today!